Serving in a leadership position through one of NLC’s constituency groups is one of the most rewarding ways for you as a municipal leader to bring your expertise to the service of cities and towns at the national level. By representing your city or town and contributing your voice, you have the opportunity to impact the actions of the National League of Cities as they help to shape the direction of the organization and even national policy. Applications are available now to serve on the board of directors for the following NLC Constituency Groups: HELO, LGBTLO, NBC-LEO, and WIMG.
To be eligible to serve on the board of directors for any of these constituency groups, the applicant must:
- Submit an application form electronically by October 14, 2016. Please note that applications will not be accepted onsite at City Summit;
- Be from an NLC direct or affiliate member city;
- Be a current member of the constituency group to which you are applying, with up-to-date and paid membership dues and activity fees at time of application;
- Be actively engaged in the constituency group to which you are applying;
- If elected, attend at least two business meetings annually and participate regularly in working groups and conference calls.
Application Deadline: October 14, 2016
Click on Apply Now in the top menu to complete and submit the Board application for your Constituency Group.
Additional information for NBC-LEO candidates – click here for the NBC-LEO Officer and Board of Directors Candidate Information document.
If you have questions or need assistance, please email email@example.com.